Amarillo Lane Closures and Construction Could Slow Down Your Holiday Travel
As you may have noticed, a lot of construction is happening all over our roads in Amarillo. The construction is not going away anytime soon. So if you are planning to leave town for the Thanksgiving holiday, here are the areas you are going to want to avoid this week.
- Today, Western Street will be closed at South Loop 335 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for the placement of bridge beams.
- Both the east- and westbound inside lanes on I-40 at Loop 335 are closed, as well as the inside lanes of the east- and westbound frontage roads between Loop 335 and Helium Road.
- Both left lanes east- and westbound on IH-40 are closed from IH-27 to Grand Street.
The right lane of FM 1541/Washington will be closed between SW 40th and SW 46th streets.
- The inside east- and westbound left lanes along IH-40, between Nelson Street and IH-27, will be closed throughout November to allow crews to safely make shoulder repairs.
- Loop 335 southbound, expect a right lane closure between Legend and Tarter to last through the end of the month.
All closures will take place weather permitting.
Please remember to slow down in work zones.