Contact Us

Auto Insurance FAQs

Are personal items that are stolen from your vehicle covered?
No, your policy would not cover items stolen from your vehicle. Some homeowner’s policies will; please contact your Insurance Agent for information.

Am I able to request a quote online?
Yes, you can request a quote online in about 5 minutes. Start a new quote now!

Do you cover rental cars?
The liability portion of your policy transfers to the rental vehicle if the rental vehicle is a temporary replacement for the vehicle insured.

How can I check the status of my claim?
Please contact your Claims Representative at (800) 880-0472 for further assistance.

How do you file a claim?
To file a claim on your policy or against one of our insureds; please contact our Claims Department at (800) 880-0472 for further assistance. Please have all accident information available ready.

Is flood damage covered?
Coverage determinations are based on a case-by-case basis; however, flooding would be covered under the Comprehensive portion of your policy should that coverage be available. For further assistance please contact your claims representative at (800) 880-0472.

How do I change my billing address?
To have your address changed please contact our Customer Serivce Center at (800) 860-5692 so we may assist you with your address change. You may also visit your local Fred Loya Insurance office.

I turn 25 soon; does my insurance monthly payment go down?
Your insurance premium is formulated using several factors including your age. Please contact your local Fred Loya Insurance office or our Customer Service Center at (800) 860-5692 for further assistance.

Why did my premium increase?
Rates are formulated based on several factors. Please contact our Customer Service Center at (800) 860-5692 or visit your local Fred Loya Insurance office for further information.

Can I change personal information on the web site? Example… address, phone, etc…

We are not currently able to process policy changes online. Contact our Customer Service Center at 1-800-860-5692 in order to assist you; some changes may be processed over the phone while others require a signature and must be done in person at your local branch.

I want to cancel my policy. What do I need to do?
For your protection cancellation requests require a written request which may be executed at any local branch.

If I lend my car to a friend and they cause an accident, will the insurance pay on the accident?
If you lend your car to a friend, the driver will only be covered if the individual is not legally excluded off the policy.

Is there a grace period on my policy?
No, your payment is due on the date that it is due. If payment is late, a late fee might be assessed or subject to cancellation. All payments are due by 12:00 am MDT of the due date.

Is there a way to pay my insurance online?
Yes, you can make payments online using our secure payment form. All payments are due by 12:00 am MDT of the due date.

What does my Liability insurance cover?
Liability coverage is the coverage the State of Texas requires you to have in order to drive your car. If you are involved in an accident that is your fault and you hurt someone in the other car, your policy will pay up to $20,000 for one person’s medical bills. If you hurt more than one person in the other car, your policy will pay up to $40,000 for all the people you hurt. Your policy will also pay up to $15,000 for damage you cause to the other car or any other property.

What is the cost associated to get a policy with Fred Loya Insurance?
Policy premiums vary depending on coverage been sought. Please contact our Customer Service Center at (800) 860-5692 for further assistance and the best possible rate.

What is the coverage required by the State of Texas?
The State of Texas requires liability, uninsured/underinsured motorist and personal injury protection. The uninsured/underinsured motorist and personal injury protection can be rejected off the policy with the customers’ signature.

What is the coverage the lien holder requires if the vehicle is being financed?
The coverage that is required by the lien holder is Physical Damage. Physical Damage covers the vehicle from sand, hail, flood, vandalism and collision regardless of fault. The insured will pay the deductible then the policy will pay the rest of the damages.

What type of insurance do I need to cover damages and repair to my vehicle if in an auto accident?
You would actually need the complete coverage which would be comprehensive and collision, this would basically cover your vehicle if in the event of a accident, but to get this type of coverage your vehicle would have to be damage free. To get a estimate please contact our customer service dept. at 1-800-860-5692.

Do you use my credit information to give me a rate?
At Fred Loya Insurance your Credit Score is never used to formulate your rate.

How long has Fred Loya Insurance been in business?
We have been in business for over 30 years.

Does my liability insurance cover my medical bills?
Liability only covers third-parties’ bodily injury. You may purchase Personal Injury Protection or Medical Payments coverage to cover your own medical costs.

How many cars can I have on my policy?
You can have up to five vehicles per policy; should you have more, you may purchase an additional policy. For further information contact our Customer Service Center at (800) 860-5692.

What do I need to bring when I go into an office to purchase a policy?
It really depends on the type of coverage that you are purchasing, if it is the minimum coverage which would be liability you would only need to bring the title or registration as well as the driver license of any driver who is going to be on the policy. Now if its for the complete coverage you would need the vehicle, title or registration, driver license, and proof of homeowner, prior insurance, only if this applies to you and a copy of a voided check.

What does 20/40/15 mean exactly?
20/40/15 is an acronym for the minimum liability policy requirement set by the state of Texas. The 20 portion refers to $20,000 Bodily Injury Liability Limit per person, the 40 refers to $40,000 Bodily Injury Liability Limit per accident and the 15 refers to $15,000 Property Damage Liability Limit.

What is full coverage?
Though the term “full coverage” is widely used there is no policy which provides “full coverage.” Every policy has limits and deductibles in addition to exclusions. To assess your specific coverage needs please contact your local Fred Loya Insurance office or our Customer Service Center at (800) 860-5692.

What type of coverage will I need to have if my car gets stolen?
Comprehensive coverage (also known as Other-Than-Collision) would cover your vehicle against theft.

What do I need to do after the accident?
As soon as possible, please:

Report your claim to Fred Loya at 1-800-554-0595.
Take steps to protect your vehicle. For example, cover a broken window with plastic or park in a garage.
If your vehicle was towed, find out where it was taken.
Create a file with all documentation related to the loss, including police reports and accident exchange information.

Why does a claim have to be investigated?
When a loss is reported, a liability adjuster must first determine if coverage is in effect for the loss. Next, through the investigative process, the adjuster will go on a “fact finding mission” and will gather evidence to support their acceptance or denial of a claim. Types of evidence include statements or interviews, damage estimates and photos, police reports, scene investigations, and applicability of state and local traffic laws.

What types of coverage do I have?
If you are insured with Fred Loya Insurance Agency, you should review your policy to determine which coverages you have paid a premium for. All policies provide Liability Coverage, which covers Property Damage or Bodily Injuries sustained by a third party up to the limits afforded under the policy. Some additional, optional coverages that you may have purchased are:

Collision: Pays for repairs or replacement of an insured vehicle resulting from a collision with an object or vehicle.
Other than Collision (Comprehensive): Pays for damage to an insured vehicle that results from a named peril such as hail, fire, theft, vandalism, windstorm, contact with an animal, falling objects, etc.

Personal Injury Protection (PIP): PIP pays for medical and funeral expenses, lost wages, and caregiver services for a covered driver or passenger, up to the limits afforded under the policy.

Medical Payments (MedPay): MedPay coverage pays the cost of necessary medical care you receive as a result of an auto accident and can be used regardless of who is at fault. MedPay often is limited to medical treatment received within the first three years after an accident and is limited to a specific dollar amount. In some states, MedPay only applies after other medical insurance is exhausted. Refer to your policy for details.

Your adjuster will confirm the coverages you have purchased and, based on the policy contract, whether any exclusions apply.

How do I get an estimate?
We are committed to contacting you within 72 hours* of the loss report to complete an estimate of damages on your vehicle or other property. Estimates are uploaded to your adjuster the same day of completion. In the event you live in a rural area, Fred Loya may outsource the appraisal assignment to a certified independent appraisal service. For your convenience, we offer several appraisal options that best suits your needs.

* Does not apply for all losses; time frame depends on appraisal source.

Best of Mix 94.1

Recommended For You

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to using your original account information.

*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

(Forgot your password?)

Not a member? Sign up here

Sign up for MIX VIP Club quickly by connecting your Facebook account. It's just as secure and no password to remember!

Sign up to have exclusive MIX VIP Club contests, events, coupons, presales, and much more delivered to you for FREE.