Bell at I-27 will Slow You Down this Week During Your Commutes and Other Lane Closures This Week
As we embark on a new week, we still have to deal with the massive amounts of construction going on around Amarillo. Here are the areas you need to be aware of on your morning commute.
- Left lane of Interstate 40 eastbound will be closed from FM 1912 to the Carson County line for crack seal operations Monday through Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Right lane of the Interstate 27 frontage road northbound will be closed from Bell Street to 45th Avenue for crack seal operations Monday and Tuesday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Left lane of the I-27 frontage road northbound will be closed from Bell Street to 45th Avenue Wednesday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Entrance and exit ramps will also be closed briefly as maintenance crews perform crack seal repairs to the ramps.
- Various frontage road lanes, both northbound and southbound, will be closed at the intersection of I-27 and Moss Lane for crack seal operations Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
I-40 Bridge Replacement (Soncy/Loop 335)
- Eastbound traffic traveling over Soncy Road on I-40 has shifted to the north, limiting traffic to one lane in each direction while bridge construction takes place for the next several months.
I-40 Bridge Repair (Ross/Arthur)
- Left lane of the I-40 westbound frontage road will be closed from Quarter Horse Drive to Arthur Street.
- Eastbound and westbound inside lanes of I-40 will be closed from I-27 to Grand Street.
- Outside lane of the I-40 eastbound frontage road will be closed in the area of Osage Street.
Downtown Connector (I-40 & I-27 Interchange)
- Right lane of I-27 northbound and the left lane of the northbound I-27 frontage road are closed just north of the 26th Avenue exit for widening construction and other improvements.
- Ramp from 26th Avenue onto I-27 northbound also is closed.
- Ongoing closure of the I-27 southbound frontage road (left lane) and the center and right lane of I-27 south at the interchange as work continues on bridge construction.
South Loop 335 (Hollywood):
- From Washington Street to Valley View Lane, the speed limit is reduced to 45 mph in both directions.
- On-ramp from Washington Street to westbound Loop 335 has been temporally realigned for widening.
- Intersection of South Western Street and Loop 335 is being controlled by temporary traffic signals.
- Intersection of South Georgia Street and Loop 335 has a four-way stop condition.
Work continues on the shoulders between Washington and Georgia Streets along Loop 335.