Best Ways to Adjust to the Time Change
I don't know about you, but I couldn't fall asleep last night and getting up this morning took and act of Congress. I like the longer days, but it hurts adjusting to the time change. Who knew 1 hour of sleep could be so important. Here's some tips on how to adjust to the time change.
Medically speaking it should take a day to adjust to the time change. So hopefully by tomorrow we will all be back into a normal sleeping rhythm.
So here are a few tips to help with getting your sleep back to where it was before we lost an hour.
1. Reduce or eliminate caffeine, nicotine and/or alcohol intake several hours before bed.
2. Create a calming environment before bed, take a hot bath, do some relaxation techniques, read or listen to soft calming music.
3. Try to avoid bright light when it is dark. If you have to get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Leave the light off. Get as much light in during the day, however, when it starts to get dark dim your lights so your body will realize it is time to start winding down.
4. Try to avoid napping during the day, it can disrupt your sleeping pattern at night.
5. After eating, give yourself plenty of time for your food to digest before getting into bed.
Follow these simple steps and you'll be back to normal in no time.
As for getting through today, I know I will be indulging in coffee, lots of coffee this morning.
How do you adjust to the time change?