Events by EventfulArt of Marriage Event – Amarillo!
The Art of Marriage Event is a video experience designed for church and community settings. The Art of Marriage Event consists of six video sessions held on a Friday night and Saturday. These videos combine dramatic stories, real-life testimonies, expert interviews, humorous vignettes and other teaching methods to lay out God’s design for marriage in a fresh, engaging way. Guests attending the event are each provided a manual with projects to help them apply the principles taught in each session, augmented by dozens of articles and additional content to help them dive deeper.
Session 1: Love Happens (Purpose of Marriage)
- God designed marriage and has a great plan in mind.
- The primary purpose of marriage is to reflect God’s glory to a watching world.
- It is important to receive your mate as God’s perfect gift for you.
Session 2: Love Fades (Drift to Isolation)
- Couples naturally drift toward isolation.
- Our differences and weaknesses push us apart.
- Sin has affected every marriage.
- The gospel brings healing and reconciliation.
- Couples must learn to walk by the power of the Holy Spirit in marriage.
Session 3: Love Dances (Roles)
- God designed different responsibilities for men and women in marriage.
- Though their responsibilities are different, men and women are still equal in value.
- God calls men to sacrificially love and lead their wives.
- God calls women to respect and support their husbands.
Session 4: Love Interrupted (Communication)
- Conflict is common to all marriages.
- The goal is not to be conflict-free but to learn to handle conflict correctly when it occurs.
- Healthy conflict resolution occurs when couples are willing to seek and grant forgiveness.
Session 5: Love Sizzles (Romance and Sex)
- God created sex and has a wonderful design in mind.
- A satisfying sex life is the result of a satisfying marriage relationship.
- The ultimate purpose of sex is to bring pleasure and glory to God.
Session 6: Love Always (Legacy)
- To leave a godly legacy, we must think about the impact of our lives on future generations.
- Our hope for leaving a lasting legacy is through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Leaving a godly legacy requires putting a stake in the ground.