Hollywood Are You Listening, We Want Family Movies
I was excited to see the box office reviews this weekend. I had written on Friday about Courageous, a movie that didn’t get much press, it wasn’t covered in any of the Box Office reviews yet it came in at #5 in the box office draws. So Hollywood are you paying attention, 3 family movies and one movie based on a true story made it into the top 5 this weekend at the box office. YAY! See the entire list.
1. “Dolphin Tale“, $14.2 million. Up to $37.5 million in its 2nd week.
2. “Moneyball“, $12.5 million. Up to $38.5 million in its 2nd week.
3. “The Lion King (in 3D)“, $11.1 million. Up to $79.7 million in its 3rd week.
4. (NEW) “50/50“, $8.9 million.
5. (NEW) “Courageous“, $8.8 million.
I don’t know if it is because I am getting older, but I get tired of the violence, sex, and cursing in movies. It seems as the years go on it gets worse, and the MPAA keeps letting more and more slipping through. What was considered rated R in the 80′s is now considered PG, and what was considered R in the 90′s gets a PG-13 rating. It doesn’t make sense to me. However, I was excited to see that people want and love family movies.
Hopefully, Hollywood will see this and start making more movies with family values.