It’s Inevitable You Will Run Into Some Kind of Construction This Week on Your Commutes
Amarillo has tons of construction going on at the moment. You'll run into some form of construction any where you go in town, so please be prepared as you head out on your daily commutes.
- Left lane of Interstate 40 (I-40) west from Spur 228 to Pullman Road will be closed for crack sealing.
- Left lane of I-40 east from Spur 228 to the Carson County line will be closed for crack sealing.
- Left lane of Interstate 27 (I-27) south will be closed from Hollywood Road to Rockwell Road for cable barrier repairs.
- Both the eastbound and westbound inside lanes of I-40 at Loop 335 (Soncy) are closed. Only one lane is open on the eastbound and westbound frontage roads between Loop 335 and Helium Road, alternating in a left then right fashion.
- Various lane closures and detours at the following locations to allow for full-depth concrete repairs
- Eastbound I-40 frontage road and Whitaker Road
- Eastbound I-40 frontage road and Lakeside Drive
- Northbound Loop 335 and I-40 at Soncy
I-40 Bridge Repair
- Left lane of the I-40 westbound frontage road will be closed from Quarter Horse Drive to Arthur Street.
- Eastbound and westbound inside lanes of I-40 will be closed from I-27 to Grand Street.
- Outside lane of the I-40 eastbound frontage road will be closed in the area of Osage Street.Downtown Connector (I-40 & I-27 Interchange)
- On-ramp from 26th Avenue to northbound I-27 is closed as work begins on ramp improvements, road widening and the addition of an auxiliary lane.
- Left lanes of I-27 northbound and southbound will be closed at the 26th Avenue intersection for landscape work.
- Ongoing closure of the I-27 southbound frontage road (left lane) and the center and right lane of I-27 south at the interchange.South Loop 335 (Hollywood):
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane during daytime hours from Washington Street to Georgia Street. Motorists should use extra caution and be on the lookout for flaggers directing traffic.
- Washington Street to Valley View Lane, the speed limit is reduced to 45 mph in both directions.
- On-ramp from Washington Street to westbound Loop 335 has been temporally realigned for widening.
- Intersection of South Western Street and Loop 335 is being controlled by temporary traffic signals.
- Intersection of South Georgia Street and Loop 335 has a four-way stop condition.
Work continues on the shoulders between Washington and Georgia Streets along Loop 335.Work is determined by weather, emergency work and other unexpected events.
TxDOT reminds you to be cautious and slow down in work zones.