Lots of Various Lane Closures This Week
Here’s this week’s construction update. You may have to find an alternate route to work this week. Here’s some of the areas that might be wreaking more havoc on your commute.
- Various lanes will be closed throughout the week along the downtown interchange for vegetation management.
- Traveling westbound on Amarillo Boulevard, the right lane will be closed at Port Lane for bridge repairs.
- Westbound on-ramp at Ross Street is closed for at least one more week as bridge and ramp work continues.
- Traffic on Loop 335 from Washington Street to Georgia Street will be reduced to one lane of traffic for installation of a new metal beam guard fence. Watch for flaggers during the daytime hours.
- Various lanes of I-40 will be closed in both directions from Soncy Road to Pullman Road for patching.
- Various lane closures at Western Street and I-27 southbound for patching.
US 60 Downtown:
- Northbound thru traffic on I-27 will be detoured to Fillmore Street.
I-40 Bridge Replacement (Soncy/Loop 335)
- The right-turn only lane going northbound on Loop 335 to the I-40 frontage road is closed.
- Eastbound traffic traveling over Soncy Road on I-40 is shifted to the north, limiting traffic to one lane in each direction while bridge construction continues for the next several months.
I-40 Bridge Repair (Ross/Arthur)
- The westbound on-ramp at Ross will be closed for approximately 2 weeks as bridge and ramp work continues.
Downtown Connector (I-40 & I-27 Interchange)
- Left lane of the northbound I-27 frontage road is closed just north of the 26th Avenue exit for widening construction and other improvements.
- Ramp from 26th Avenue onto I-27 northbound also is closed.
- Ongoing closure of the I-27 southbound frontage road (left lane) and the center and right lane of I-27 south at the interchange as work continues on bridge construction.
South Loop 335 (Hollywood):
- Traffic on Bell Street will be reduced to a single-lane in each direction during the daytime hours to place drainage structures.
- Frontage road between Washington Street and the railroad tracks will be reduced to a single lane of one-way traffic as it goes under the bridge; traffic will alternate directional flow controlled by traffic signals.
- Between Washington and Georgia streets, traffic will be reduce to a single lane and motorists should look for flaggers directing traffic.
- Circle Drive will be closed at LP 335 until the westbound frontage road can be opened to traffic.
- Washington Street to I-27, the speed limit is reduced to 45 mph in both directions.
Southbound traffic on Bell Street will be reduced to one lane from north of LP 335 to south of LP 335.
- On-ramp from Washington Street to westbound Loop 335 is temporally realigned for widening.
- Intersection of South Western Street and Loop 335 is controlled by temporary traffic signals.
- Intersection of South Georgia Street and Loop 335 has a four-way stop condition.
- Work continues on and along the shoulders from Washington Street to I-27.
- Access to Loop 335 at Olympia Drive has been permanently closed.
- Access to Wilshire Drive, Valleyview I-27 to Valleyview Drive, traffic will be reduced to one lane east and westbound with no left turn lanes.Drive to the north and Lamount Drive will be closed at various times during the day.
- From I-27 to Valleyview Drive, traffic will be reduced to one lane east and westbound with no left turn.