Multiple Road Repairs May Affect Your Drive This Week
Several road repairs will be taking place this week, which means, you will have to deal with multiple lane closures and it may slow down traffic. Check out the latest lane closures from the Texas Department of Transportation.
- Left lane of Interstate 40 westbound will be closed from FM 1912 to Pullman Road for crack sealing.
- Left lane of Interstate 27 northbound and southbound will be closed around the 26th Avenue intersection for landscaping.
- I-27 northbound and southbound will be closed from Hollywood Road to Rockwell Road for cable barrier repairs.
- Tuesday, Jan. 24, the ramp from I-40 westbound to I-27 southbound will be closed at the interchange from 8:30 a.m. to Noon to set a temporary barrier. This is in addition to the ongoing closure of the I-27 southbound frontage road (left lane).
- Friday, Jan. 27 at 11 a.m., Loop 335 will be closed at I-40. Traffic traveling southbound on LOOP 335 and the westbound frontage road will detour to Helium Road while traffic traveling northbound LOOP 335 and the eastbound frontage road will detour to Coulter Road. Motorists are encouraged to plan an alternate route to avoid the area as much as possible until the work is completed, which is expected by 5 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 30.
- Left lane of westbound I-40 will be closed from FM 1912 to Spur 228 for crack sealing.
- Left lane of northbound I-27 will be closed near the 26th Avenue intersection for landscaping.
- Motorists should expect various lane closures and detours at the following locations to allow for full-depth concrete repairs:
- Eastbound I-40 frontage road and Whitaker Road
- Inside lane of Interstate 27 south will be closed from Bell Street to Hollywood Road for crack sealing.
- Inside lane of Interstate 40 west will be closed from the Carson County line to Spur 228 for crack sealing.
- Expect various lane closures on I-27 around the 26th Street interchange for landscaping.
- Inside lane of the I-27 southbound frontage road from Interstate 40 eastbound will be closed at the interchange.
- Both the eastbound and westbound inside lanes of I-40 at Loop 335 (Soncy) are closed. Only one lane is open on the eastbound and westbound frontage roads between Loop 335 and Helium Road, alternating in a left then right fashion.
- Eastbound and westbound inside lanes of I-40 will be closed from I-27 to Grand Street.
- Outside lane of the I-40 eastbound frontage road will be closed in the area of Osage Street.
- Eastbound I-40 frontage road and Lakeside Drive
- Northbound Loop 335 and I-40 at Soncy Road
South Loop 335 (Hollywood):
- From Washington Street to Valley View Lane, the speed limit is reduced to 45 mph in both directions.
- On-ramp from Washington Street to westbound Loop 335 has been temporally realigned for widening.
- Intersection of South Western Street and Loop 335 is being controlled by temporary traffic signals.Intersection of South Georgia Street and Loop 335 has a four-way stop condition.
- There will be work on the shoulders between Washington and Georgia Streets along Loop 335.
Please remember to slow down in work zones.