Petition Circulating To Throw Out The Proposed Team Names
Not even 24 hours after the 5 team name finalists were announced for the new Amarillo minor league baseball team, a petition has been started to throw out the proposed names. Amarillo Professional Baseball (the current name of our new ball club) announced that they had collected over 3,000 entries and narrowed it down to the following names to be voted on:
- Amarillo Boot Scooters - The Boot Scooters combines Amarillo's genuine welcoming attitude with its fun western heritage.
- Amarillo Bronc Busters - Amarillo has deep cowboy roots and the Bronc Busters honors the community’s resilient, independent spirit.
- Amarillo Jerky - Commemorating its famous cattle drive, there’s only one region that can lay claim to the “Beef Capital of the World."
- Amarillo Long Haulers - Long Haulers celebrates Amarillo’s famous Route 66, open roads, wind-bent trees, and the fun of Minor League Baseball.
- Amarillo Sod Poodles - A pioneer's nickname for “Prairie Dogs,” this fun-loving local animal is very aggressive in protecting its family and home.
Reaction to the finalist names on social media has not been supportive!
The petition to change the name finalists is everywhere on social media right now. The creator set a goal of getting 1,000 signatures, however over double that have signed so far. If you would like to join the fight, here is the link: