Politics and Facebook Don’t Go Well Together
A new Pew Research study reveals that 37% of Americans have had an argument about the upcoming Presidential election. Read on for other findings. – 47% of Clinton supporters have no friends who are voting for Trump
– 31% of Trump supporters have no friends who are voting for Clinton
– 25% of Trump supporters have a few friends who plan to vote for Clinton
– 18% of Clinton supporters have a few friends who plan to vote for Trump
There are reasons why you shouldn’t post about politics on your Facebook page. According to Dickson Interactive, here are the top 5 reasons NOT to post political stuff on your Facebook page.
1. You could lose a friend. Friends should discuss political issues in a respectful manner…in person! A lot of people hide behind their computers and post things they would never say face to face.
2. You could lose a client. If a client feels strongly about a political issue and I go on Facebook and post something that is hateful or opposite to what they believe, they might view you differently personally and professionally.
3. It’s a waste of time. You’re not going to change someone’s political beliefs on Facebook. Period. Accept it, agree to disagree and move on.
4. It’s the wrong platform. If you spend time arguing over political issues online, go to a political blog or a news site and do so. Don’t ruin everyone’s experience on Facebook with your rants.
5. There’s enough politics in the media. There’s enough political coverage in the mainstream media. More than enough. Keep it there and leave the politics to the pundits.
To read more about this, hit up Dickson Interactive online by clicking HERE.