Road Construction and Lane Closures Continue Throughout Amarillo
Anywhere you go in Amarillo, chances are you are going to run into some kind of road construction. Here are some of the areas you might want to avoid this week.
- Tuesday, Feb. 21, the westbound left and center lanes will be closed at Lakeside Drive for bridge deck repair from 8:30 a.m. until Noon.
- Wednesday, Feb. 22, the westbound left and center lanes will be closed at Western Street for bridge deck repair from 8:30 until Noon.
- Thursday, Feb. 23, the westbound left and center lanes will be closed at Coulter Street for bridge deck repair from 8:30 until Noon.
- Westbound right lane will be closed where I-40 merges with US 287 and the left lane of US 287 westbound will be closed to repair a hole in the center lane of the interstate, east of Pullman Road.
- Various lanes along I-40 and I-27 frontage roads will be closed for pothole repair. Operations will move very slowly and may stop at various locations and will move to various lanes to perform any pothole repair. Drivers are asked to please stay alert and give all moving operations plenty of room to perform pothole repair.
I-40 Bridge Replacement (Soncy/Loop 335)
- Eastbound traffic traveling over Soncy Road on I-40 has shifted to the north, limiting traffic to one lane in each direction while bridge construction takes place for the next several months.
I-40 Bridge Repair (Ross/Arthur)
- Left lane of the I-40 westbound frontage road will be closed from Quarter Horse Drive to Arthur Street.
- Eastbound and westbound inside lanes of I-40 will be closed from I-27 to Grand Street.
- Outside lane of the I-40 eastbound frontage road will be closed in the area of Osage Street.
Downtown Connector (I-40 & I-27 Interchange)
- Left lane of the northbound I-27 frontage road is closed just north of the 26th Avenue exit for widening construction and other improvements.
- Ramp from 26th Avenue onto I-27 northbound also is closed.
- Ongoing closure of the I-27 southbound frontage road (left lane) and the center and right lane of I-27 south at the interchange as work continues on bridge construction.
South Loop 335 (Hollywood):
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane in both directions on Loop 335 between Washington Street and Georgia Street during the daytime Tuesday through Friday, Feb. 21 – 24. Flaggers will direct traffic and motorists are reminded to drive with caution to ensure safety of all workers.
- Washington Street to Valley View Lane, the speed limit is reduced to 45 mph in both directions.
- On-ramp from Washington Street to westbound Loop 335 has been temporally realigned for widening.
- Intersection of South Western Street and Loop 335 is being controlled by temporary traffic signals.
- Intersection of South Georgia Street and Loop 335 has a four-way stop condition.
- Work continues on the shoulders between Washington and Georgia Streets along Loop 335.