Scientists Put Together The Best Workout Playlist
Music always makes everything better, in my eyes. Especially a good workout. When you find the right song, you start getting after it in the gym, on the track or where ever you are working out. Well, a group of scientists have found the perfect workout playlist to get you the best results.
You would think that a workout playlist would be determined by the person. Well, according to Dr. Costas Karageorghis, deputy head of the School of Sport and Education at Brunel University, London, that isn’t so. He teamed up with Spotify to analyze over 6 million playlist to create the perfect one for workouts.
Now, he is a scientist so he took a lot of different elements into consideration. He looked at beats per minute and scientific principles used for better performance.
In a recent interview with BBC News, Karageorghis said the following:
“Music helps to induce alpha brain wave activity which is responsible for our dreams and rest states,” he explained. “This leads to a state known as ‘flow,’ which is an ultimate motivational state in which sportspeople are completely immersed in what they are doing and feel as if they are functioning on autopilot. Music lowers your perception of effort. It can trick your mind into feeling less tired during a workout and also encourage positive thoughts.”
So this playlist is scientifically proven to work. Check it out and tell us if you agree or not. What song did he leave off that should totally be on there?
- Roar by Katy Perry — 92 BPM
- Talk Dirty by Jason Derulo ft 2 Chainz — 100 BPM
- Skip To The Good Bit by Rizzle Kicks — 105 BPM
- Get Lucky by Daft Punk ft Pharrel Williams — 116 BPM
- Move by Little Mix — 120 BPM
- Need U 100% by Duke Dumont ft A*M*E — 124 BPM
- You Make Me by Avicii — 125 BPM
- Feel My Rhythm by Viralites —128 BPM
- Timber by Pitbull ft Ke$ha —130 BPM
- Applause by Lady Gaga — 140 BPM
- Can’t Hold Us by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft Ray Dalton — 147 BPM
- Happy by Pharrell Williams —160 BPM
- The Monster by Eminem ft Rihanna — 110 BPM
- Love Me Again by John Newman — 126 BPM
- Get Down by Groove Armada ft Stush and Red Rat — 127 BPM
- #thatPOWER by will.i.am ft Justin Bieber — 128 BPM
- It’s My Party by Jesse J — 130 BPM
- Play Hard by David Guetta ft. Ne-Yo and Akon — 130 BPM
- Burn by Ellie Goulding — 116 BPM
- Royals by Lorde — 85 BPM