So How Does The Children’s Miracle Network Spend $720,000 For The Texas Panhandle ‘Miracle Kids?’
Every year we devote two days to help raise money for the Children's Miracle Network and every dollar stays right here in the Texas Panhandle.
This CMN 'Celebration' could not be done without your support and generous donations.
Here's a quick overview of how some of the money that you've given to CMN has helped the families in our area.
- 89 families were helped with financial assistance totaling just over $80,000 for medically necessary travel expenses for their child.
- $75,000 was used to fund the Child Life Programs at BSA and Northwest Texas Hospital. Items purchased included; gaming systems, games, DVD's, stuffed animals, toys and 'Medical' Scrapbooks.
- $391,000 was used to assist 70 families through family grants to cover costs of outstanding medical bills, home medical needs and prescriptions for sick children.
- $120,000 went to Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center at Amarillo - Department of Pediatrics.
- $44,000 went to Dallam Hartley County Hospital District to purchase a point of care ultrasound and NeoPuff infant resuscitators for Coon Memorial Hospital in Dalhart.