Soncy and Ross to Be Closed at I-40 and More Lane Closures
Two major streets at I-40 will be closed this week and many other lane closures to deal with for patching work.
This Week's Construction:
- RESCHEDULED: South Loop 335@Soncy will be closed in both directions under I-40 from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Monday and Tuesday, Feb. 26 and 28, for painting.
- Southbound traffic will be detoured to Helium Road and northbound traffic will be detoured to Coulter Street. This type of work is weather-dependent and subject to change. Follow us on Twitter @TxDOTAmarillo for updates.
- Tuesday, Feb. 27, the left and center lanes of I-27 southbound will be closed from the downtown interchange to Georgia Street for patching and guardrail repairs.
Tuesday, Feb. 27 and Friday, March 2, the Ross Street underpass at I-40 will close from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. for placement of bridge beams.
- Various lanes on Washington Street will be closed in both directions from SL 335 to 58th Avenue for patching.
- Various lanes on the I-40 frontage roads will be closed in both directions from Whitaker Road to Ross Street for patching.
Ross Street Bridge Construction
Construction crews will be placing beams and deck panels. In order to complete this process, Ross Street will have to be closed at I-40 from 8am - 8pm on the following days.
Tuesday, February 27th
Friday, March 2nd
Wednesday, March 7th
Motorists traveling westbound I-40 needing to access southbound Ross should use the Ross Street exit and stay on the frontage road to the Arthur Street turnaround. Motorists traveling eastbound wanting to access northbound Ross should exit Ross Street and use the turnaround at Nelson Street. Frontage road traffic will still be able to cross Ross Street in both directions.
The Ross Street Bridge project is set to be done April 2019.