Southbound On Ramp From Bell to I-27 Will Be Closed
Good Monday morning and welcome back to the world after Spring Break. Hope you had an amazing week and are looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. However, if you travel I-27 between Amarillo and Canyon, get ready for a few changes around the Bell.
- South Loop 335, southbound I-27 traffic will be detoured onto the northbound bridge starting on Monday, March 19. The southbound Bell Street on ramp to I-27 will be closed.
- The contractor will begin demolition of the southbound I-27 bridge on Monday, March 26. During the demolition, SL 335 will be closed under I-27. Eastbound SL 335 traffic will be detoured south down the frontage road, crossing I-27 using the Sundown Lane bridge, and then north on the frontage road back to SL 335. Westbound traffic on SL 335 will go north on the frontage road to Bell Street and under I-27, then south on the frontage road back to SL 335.
- Once the demolition is complete, SL 335 will be reopened with two lanes of traffic in each direction under I-27. Demolition of the bridge is expected to take six days.
- Interstate 40 eastbound, various lanes will be closed on the frontage road from Grand Street to Whitaker Road for patching repairs.
- I-27 southbound, various lanes of the frontage road will be closed from Western Street to 26th Avenue for patching repairs.
- Right lane of I-27 northbound will be closed from 45th Avenue to 34th Avenue for patching repairs at the entrance and exit ramps. Ramps will be closed at times to accommodate these repairs.
- Watch for slow-moving operations on both I-40 and I-27 as crews conduct vegetation management.
Slow down in construction areas and pay attention to traffic signs.