Early Friday morning, 'Twilight' actress Ashley Greene's West Hollywood condo went up in flames -- destroying not only the unit and many of her possessions, but most tragically, claiming the life of one of her beloved dogs as well.

Law enforcement officials believe an errant candle lit a sofa on fire, and that the blaze eventually engulfed the entire apartment where Greene, her boyfriend and brother were all sleeping. (Little weirdness on the "boyfriend" part since it's been widely claimed that Ashley hooked up with Ryan Phillippe early Friday morning, but we digress.)

Of course things can be replaced but loved ones can't -- and that includes our furry friends. Ashley reportedly lost one of her two dogs in the fire, and needless to say, she's utterly devastated about it. In addition, three people in her condo building were also injured, though seemingly not seriously.

Pacific Coast News
Pacific Coast News
Pacific Coast News
Pacific Coast News
Pacific Coast News
Pacific Coast News