Various Lane Closures This Week and I-40 is Open
We’ve survived another I-40 closure at Bell! Here’s some areas you’ll need to avoid this week.
This Week’s Projects:
- Various lanes of the Interstate 27 frontage roads will be closed in both directions at McCormick Road for patching repairs.
- Various lanes on Amarillo Boulevard will be closed in both directions from Grand Street to Eastern Street for patching repairs.
- Right lane of I-27 will be closed from 26th Avenue to 45th Avenue in both directions for shoulder maintenance.
Bushland Bridge Replacement:
- Westbound traffic is diverted to the service road at the RM 2381 exit ramp and reenters I-40 at the next on-ramp.
- Traffic on the frontage road north of I-40 is one-way going west between the off- and on-ramps of the detour.
- Local traffic is detoured to Adkisson and Arnot roads to cross I-40.
I-40 Bridge Replacement (Bell):
- Eastbound frontage road is reduced to one lane through the Bell Street intersection.
- Traffic will once again be reduced to two lanes in each direction until the completion of the project.
I-40 Bridge Replacement (Soncy/Loop 335):
- Soncy underpass at I-40 will be closed from 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 14 to 7 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 15 for removal of overhangs.
- Northbound right and center lanes of Soncy Road could be closed for short durations from 34th Avenue to I-40 and the right lane from I-40 to BI-40 (Amarillo Boulevard) to widen lanes.
I-40 Bridge Repair (Ross/Arthur)
- Outside right lanes of I-40 eastbound are closed.
- Eastbound I-40 exit for Quarter Horse/Nelson Street is closed. Motorists should use the exit at Ross Street or Grand Street.
- Left lane of the eastbound I-40 frontage road is closed.
- Outside right lanes on I-40 westbound are closed.
- On-ramp at westbound I-40 and Ross/Arthur is closed. Use the detour directing westbound frontage road traffic down to Arthur Street onto the eastbound frontage road over to the Grand Street turnaround. Use the I-40 westbound Grand Street on-ramp for to enter I-40 westbound.
- On-ramp at westbound I-40 and Quarter Horse Drive is closed. Use the detour directing westbound frontage road traffic under I-40 at Nelson Street to the eastbound frontage road over to the Grand Street turnaround. Use the westbound I-40 Grand Street on-ramp to enter I-40 westbound.
- Left lane of the westbound I-40 frontage road is closed.
- Right lanes of Arthur Street at I-40 are closed in both directions.
Downtown Connector (I-40 & I-27 Interchange):
- Left lane of the I-27N frontage road is closed just north of the 26th Avenue exit for widening construction and other improvements.
- Ramp from 26th Avenue onto I-27N is closed.
- I-27 SB ramp to 26th Avenue is closed.
- Left lane of the I-27S frontage road and the right lane of I-27S at the interchange are closed.
South Loop 335 (Hollywood):
- Expect various lanes closures between Bell Street and I-27 starting Wednesday, Sept. 13.
- Traveling eastbound, the right lane has been converted to a right turn only lane from just east of I-27 to Valleyview Drive. All thru traffic should use the left lane.
- Washington Street to I-27, the speed limit is reduced to 45 mph in both directions.
Wilshire Drive, Valleyview Drive to the north and Circle Drive are closed at SL 335 until the westbound frontage road can be opened to traffic.
- Access to Lamount Drive will be closed at various times during the day.
Westbound Loop traffic must exit at Georgia Street and turn left under the bridge and right on the south frontage road to continue westbound.
- Intersection of South Western Street and SL 335 is controlled by temporary traffic signals.
- Intersection of South Georgia Street and SL 335 has a three-way stop condition at the north and the south frontage roads.
- Exit and entrance ramps east of Georgia Street are ONE-WAY ramps.
- Work continues on and along the shoulders from Washington Street to I-27.
- Access to SL 335 at Olympia Drive is permanently closed.