We All Scream For Ice Cream…Facts
A new survey by Baskin Robbins reveals that 31% of people say chocolate is their favorite ice cream flavor. Read on for other findings.
- 21% of people say vanilla is their favorite ice cream flavor.
- 40% of people eat ice cream at least once a week.
- 66% of people prefer ice cream in a cone.
- 47% of people love ice cream sundaes.
- 55% of people eat their ice cream in a waffle bowl or cup
Have you ever made your own ice cream? Here's a great recipe:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 6 large egg yolks
- In a small pot, simmer heavy cream, milk, sugar and salt until sugar completely dissolves, (about 5 minutes). Remove pot from heat. In a separate bowl, whisk yolks. Whisking constantly, slowly whisk about a third of the hot cream into the yolks, then whisk the yolk mixture back into the pot with the cream. Return pot to medium-low heat and gently cook until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon (about 170 degrees on an instant-read thermometer).
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl. Cool mixture to room temperature. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or overnight. Churn in an ice cream machine according to manufacturers’ instructions. Serve directly from the machine for soft serve, or store in freezer until needed.