What is in a Handshake?
You're in a work situation and you are about to meet someone new. Do you shake their hand? Yes or no?
Almost half of the people asked say that they sometimes try to avoid handshakes because they're worried about the other person's germs. Here are the six most common techniques we use to avoid those handshakes:
1. Acting like we're looking for something in a purse or backpack.
2. Pretending to be sick by faking a cough so the other person doesn't initiate the handshake.
3. Holding our breath and just walking away.
4. Pretending to get a phone call.
5. Fist bumping or elbow bumping.
6. Ignoring the person and not introducing ourselves.
Have you ever been guilty of avoiding a handshake? I guess I don't; I'm just more of a hugger anyway.