When You Tip, How Do You Stack Up Against Others?
Zagat recently surveyed over 9,000 diners to find the top dining trends of 2016.
- the average person tips 18.9%.
- Boston diners are America's most generous tippers (20%) while San Antonio residents are the least generous (17.1%)
- the average cost to dine out is $36 per person.
- 31% of people love sriracha.
- 27% of people love quinoa.
- 35% of people 'are over' green juice.
- top restaurant pet peeves:
noisy restaurant 25%
bad service 28%
Italian ... 22%
French and Japanese both at 7%
Source: Sheethappens Prep Service
Photo: Getty Images/Mark Runnacles