Where Is the Best Barbecue in America?
As the days start to get a little longer, not to mention hotter, there is no doubt that summertime is just around the corner. It is an exciting and special time of year, one that is best shared with lots of family and friends while being complimented with a lot of great food.
With respect to the subject of summer and food, it is almost impossible to bypass the subject of barbecue.
In fact, it doesn’t matter how you like your barbecue saucy-style or dry-rubbed because there is no shortage of backwoods culinary geniuses in this country to help feed your appetite for swine.
Nevertheless, where do you go to get the best barbecue in the country? Men’s Fitness claims to know the answer.
The magazine named Fatt Matt’s Rib Shack in Atlanta, Georgia the best of the best. However, New Yorkers do barbecue, too. That’s right, it’s not just a southern thing. Dinosaur Bar-B-Que in Syracuse, New York has been serving up pulled pork sliders and pit-smoked chicken wings since 1988.
Other places with the best barbecue include Franklin BBQ in Austin, Texas and Pappy’s Smokehouse in St. Louis, Missouri.
Nine Great American Barbecue Restaurants
1. Fatt Matt’s Rib Shack – Atlanta, Georgia
2. Dinosaur Bar-B-Que – Syracuse, New York
3. Arthur Bryant’s BBQ – Kansas City, Missouri
4. Franklin BBQ – Austin, Texas
5. Pappy’s Smokehouse – St. Louis, Missouri
6. 17th Street BBQ – Murphysboro, Illinois
7. Kreuz Market – Lockhart, Texas
8. Lexington Barbecue – Lexington, North Carolina
9. The Salt Lick – Driftwood, Texas