Year End Countdown: The 40 Biggest Hits Of 1983 – Part 4: #10-#1 [VIDEOS]
During my vacation I was cleaning around the house and stumbled across some old music playlists from the early part of the 80s. Some of them were year end countdown lists.
I thought since we’re coming up on a brand new year that it might be fun to take a look back at the Top 40 songs that were the biggest hits of 1983.
WOW! 30 Years ago. Hard to believe it’s been that long. Where has the time gone?
Along with these songs, here are a few other things that are celebrating their ‘Pearl Anniversary.’
- Average cost of a new house: $82,600 ($272,900)
- Average income per year: $21,070 ($50,054)
- Average monthly rent: $335.00 ($705.00)
Now let’s wrap up our countdown with the 10 biggest hits from 1983.
10. Bob Seger – Shame On The Moon
09. Quiet Riot – Come On Feel The Noize
08. Loverboy – Hot Girls In Love
07. Culture Club – Do You Really Want To Hurt Me
06. Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton – Islands In The Stream
05. Bonnie Tyler – Total Eclipse Of The Heart
04. Michael Jackson – Billie Jean
03. Irene Cara – Flashdance (What A Feeling)
02. Michael Jackson – Beat It
01. Police – Every Breath You Take
In case you missed any of the countdown, feel free to head back to #40 and check out where your favorites ranked.