Discovery Center’s Eggstravaganza
The Don Harrington Discovery Center will open its doors this Saturday, April 19 from 9:30 to noon to guests who are ready to spring into some egg-citing egg-tivities. Children from ages 2 to 12 will have a hopping good time at the Discovery Centers’ annual Eggstravaganza!
Guests who have pre-purchased a ticket for the Eggstravaganza festivities will enjoy lots of egg-citing fun:
• An Egg Scramble will be held for different age groups. Kids are sure to go home with many plastic eggs filled with sweet treats. The Egg Scramble Schedule is as follows:
• 10:00 am – 2 years and under
• 10:30 am – 3 to 5 years
• 11:00 am – 6 to 8 years
• 11:30 am – 9 to 12 years
• Eggtivities and eggsperiments will be set up throughout the facility, including Egg Dye using electric tape, which makes very cool designs, String Eggs, a fun take-home craft will last much longer than a real egg without the rotten smell, and Egg Geysers, presented by the DHDC Science Guides, a scientific ooze-fest. .
• A petting Zoo filled with eggstreme cuteness and an inflatable giant double slide will also be available for your child’s entertainment.
• Chick-Fil-A Georgia will sponsor a Selfie Photo Station, featuring the Chick-Fil-A cow s disguised as the Easter Bunny for Eggstravaganza guests to capture their memories of the day.
Admission for this event is $8 for members and $11 for non-members. Chaperones are free. This will be a closed event only for Eggstravrvaganza ticket holders and chaperones. Regular Admission to the DHDC will begin at 1pm until the museum closes at 4:30pm. Guests can pre-purchase tickets for Eggstravaganza at www.dhdc.org or by calling