Studies Show That Less Makeup Is More
A new survey by the dating app TrulyMadly reveals that 51% of women are confident enough to go without makeup on a first date. Read on for other findings.
- 45% of women could not go out on a date without wearing lipstick
- 31% of women could not go out on a date without wearing mascara
- 16% of women could not go out on a date without wearing concealer
- 8% of women could not go out on a date without wearing blush
- 37% of women wear red lipstick on a first date
- 20% of women wear hot pink lipstick on a first date
Here are some ideas for "First Date Fashion" from Bustle.com:
Don't Wear Something Out Of The Hamper. Wear something that makes you feel confident! Confidence on a first state is sexy.
Overly Ambition Fashion Choices. Lauren Conrad gives her advice: "I try to go pretty neutral, especially if it’s a first date. I’ll wear a black skirt or leather leggings and a white silk blouse. I skew a little nicer just to be safe, but I think black and white is always sexy, and I’ll do a fun lipstick to dress it up."
Don't "bear it all". Confidence that you look good showing skin is nice, but not on a first date. Instead, pick a favorite feature and show it off (if you have killer arms, wear a strapless Maxi dress).