Your Social Media Could Cost You That New Job
A survey by CareerBuilder reveals that 49% of employers research job candidates on social media. Read on for other findings.
30% of employers have found social media content that caused them not to hire a candidate.
27% of employers have found social media content that caused them to think twice about hiring a candidate.
Top Reasons Employers Did Not Hire Candidate After Looking At Social Media
- job candidate posted information about them drinking or using drugs (35%)
- job candidate posted provocative or inappropriate photographs or information (32%);
- job candidate bad-mouthed their previous company or fellow employee (28%)
- job candidate lied about qualifications (25%);
- job candidate was linked to criminal behavior (23%)
- job candidate’s screen name was unprofessional (22%)
Things NOT to do on your Facebook page:
- No profanity or NSFW content
- Use bad grammar
- Post pictures of yourself drunk or out of control
- Political Rants
Remember, people actually see what you post. It could come back and really hurt you in the future.