Amarillo’s Salvation Army Christmas Assistance Sign Up
If you or your family or you know a family that is struggling and won't have the funds for Christmas this year, then the Salvation Army can help.
Each year the Salvation Army has their Angel Tree and on this tree is hundreds of individual angels who represent children who need a Christmas. You can go and pick and angel off the tree and help make their Christmas wishes come true. Last year, the Salvation Army helped 2,117 children in the Amarillo Area.
A few new changes are coming this year with the application process. In the past, they have offered full two weeks of sign up, but this year it will only take place on two days.
The application days will be Tuesday, October 30th and Thursday, November 1st from 9-4pm at the Main Office, 400 S. Harrison. Please note applications will not be taken at the Salvation Army Chapel this year.
If you are applying for assistance please bring the following items:
- Valid Pictured I.D.
- Social Security Card or Government I.D. for all household member
- Birth certificate for all children 18 and under(if child is not a U.S. citizen also proof of school enrollment);
- Proof of school enrollment for children 15 to 18
- If you are not parent of child have proof of custody papers for child/children;
- Proof of all monthly bills
- Proof of income for all household members (including SNAP/TANF)
For more information on the Salvation Army Christmas Assistance program visit, www.salvationarmytexas.org/amarillo or call 806-373-6631.