Come Join the Family at Amarillo Independent School District!
What To Know Before Applying Amarillo Independent School District
(AISD) is excited you are interested in joining our outstanding team! Before you browse through the available jobs in our district, please review the information on this page so you’ll know what to expect throughout the process.
Have It All In 3 Easy Steps
- Find the right position. Browse the jobs currently in our job postings.
- Apply. Fill out and submit a convenient online application.
- See below for further instructions:
- Teachers: Within 48-72 hours, you will receive a link by email requesting you to complete a one-way video interview. Please check your spam folder if you do not receive this email. Please complete the interview within one week from receipt of the email
- All Other Positions: Wait for AISD to contact you either by phone or email.
Online applicants applying for certified positions will need to include a current transcript. Upon being hired, you will be required to submit an official transcript from every college and/or university attended. An applicant must have at least a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university* as well as a Texas Educator Certificate, review of out-of-state credentials by State Board of Educator Certification (SBEC), a Statement of Eligibility from an alternative education program, or qualified work experience for certain Career and Technical Education areas.**
*If you have obtained a bachelor’s degree, you are eligible to become an educator through Path 2 Teaching.
**Exceptions to the degree rule may be made for teachers of vocational and trade classes who submit trade and industrial training records in compliance with Texas Education Agency (TEA) requirements.
All instructional assistants must have 48 college/university hours and/or must pass the district’s Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) test and/or must have a Texas educational aide certificate.
- If you have Texas certification, we will be able to access your credentials from SBEC online.
- If you have an out-of-state certification, you will need to follow the SBEC credentials review and certification process outlined on the TEA website in order to be considered for a Texas certification.
- If you are not yet certified in Texas, but have Texas Examinations of Educator Standards (TExES.) scores, we will ask for those during the interview.
Please return to your online application and update the information there every six months to renew your application. It is important to remember your password and user ID for this purpose.
If you are applying for a teaching position, you will receive a link by email requesting you to complete a one-way video interview. Please check your spam folder if you do not receive this email within 48-72 hours of applying. Please complete the interview within one week from receipt of the email to be considered for a teaching position.
Hiring for positions may occur at any time of the year as the need arises but occur more frequently during the spring and summer. The hiring of any person to any position shall depend solely upon qualifications as opposed to date of filing application, race, color, age, religion, sex or national origin.
An offer of employment is given to the certified applicant subject to the Superintendent's recommendation and approval by the Board of Education as required by state law. Professional positions requiring educator certification are employed by contract for a term of one year. For educators, the first three years of continuous employment in the District are considered to be a probationary period unless transferring from another Texas Independent School District (TISD) with no interruption in service and the certified teacher has taught at least 5 of the last 8 years in another TISD.
Are you looking for information on becoming a substitute teacher in A.I.S.D? Visit our Substitute Teaching page.