Construction May Slow Down Holiday Shopping this Week
Last week was quiet because of the holidays. This week expect some slow downs, especially around the mall area.
This Week's Projects:
- Watch for maintenance crews working in the roadside parks west of Amarillo on Interstate 40 in both directions.
- Tuesday, Nov. 28, Arthur Street will be closed at I-40 so crews can safely perform bridge work. Traffic will follow detour signs down the frontage roads to regain access to Arthur Street.
- Expect possible lane closures on SL 335 from Westgate Parkway to Amarillo Boulevard as crews work on concrete medians. Traffic could be reduced to one lane in both directions.
1-27 & 26th Bridge
- I-27 southbound will be reduced to two lanes from 26th Avenue to 34th Avenue.
- I-27 southbound frontage road will be reduced to one lane from 26th Avenue to 34th Avenue.
- Shoulder is closed on I-27 southbound from the 26th Avenue exit ramp to the 26th Avenue bridge so crews can work on the retaining wall.
- Direct connector bridge from I-40 eastbound to I-27 southbound is closed.
I-40 Bridge Replacement (Bell)
- Bell Street is reduced to one lane going northbound at the Bell Street overpass.
Westbound and eastbound frontage roads are reduced to two lanes through the Bell Street intersection.
- I-40 is reduced to two lanes in each direction at Bell Street.
I-40 Bridge Replacement (Soncy/Loop 335):
- LP 335 is scheduled to have lane closures from Westgate Pkwy to BI-40 to work on concrete medians reducing traffic to one lane both north and south bound.
- Eastbound and westbound traffic is traveling on the new eastbound bridge with one lane going westbound and two lanes going eastbound.
- Westbound traffic is shifted to the south to one lane over the Soncy bridge.
I-40 Bridge Repair (Ross/Arthur)
- Outside right lanes of I-40 eastbound are closed.
- Eastbound I-40 exit for Quarter Horse/Nelson Street is closed. Motorists should use the exit at Ross Street or Grand Street.
- Left lane of the eastbound I-40 frontage road is closed.
- Outside right lanes on I-40 westbound are closed.
- On-ramp at westbound I-40 and Ross/Arthur is closed. Use the detour directing westbound frontage road traffic down to Arthur Street onto the eastbound frontage road over to the Grand Street turnaround. Use the I-40 westbound Grand Street on-ramp for to enter I-40 westbound.
- On-ramp at westbound I-40 and Quarter Horse Drive is closed. Use the detour directing westbound frontage road traffic under I-40 at Nelson Street to the eastbound frontage road over to the Grand Street turnaround. Use the westbound I-40 Grand Street on-ramp to enter I-40 westbound.
- Left lane of the westbound I-40 frontage road is closed.
- Right lanes of Arthur Street at I-40 are closed in both directions.
South Loop 335 (Hollywood):
- Access to Bell St south of SL 335 is closed. Motorists should use Sundown Lane to access Bell Street south of SL 335. Traffic on SL 335 will be diverted to the north frontage road around the Bell Street intersection.
- From Washington Street to I-27, the speed limit is reduced to 45 mph in both directions.
- Wilshire Drive, Valleyview Drive to the north, and Circle Drive are closed at SL 335 until the westbound frontage road can be opened to traffic.
- Access to Lamount Drive will be closed at various times during the day.
- Westbound Loop traffic must exit at Georgia Street and turn left under the bridge and right on the south frontage road to continue westbound.
- Intersection of South Western Street and SL 335 is controlled by temporary traffic signals.
- Intersection of South Georgia Street and SL 335 has a three-way stop condition at the north and the south frontage roads.
- Exit and entrance ramps east of Georgia Street are ONE-WAY ramps.
- Work continues on and along the shoulders from Washington Street to I-27.