Amarillo Businesses Still Planning on Asking You to Wear a Mask
When Governor Abbott announced that the state-wide mask mandate would be going away and that businesses could open up to 100 percent capacity, he made sure to point out that businesses would be able to make their own decisions. That means some places are going to still require masks and limit capacity.
Here is a quick list of what we've found while searching to see what businesses will be requiring or requesting that guests wear masks.
- Jorge's Mexican Restaurant - Not requiring masks, but keeping dividers. Curbside and To-Go still an option.
- The 806 - Requiring masks and limiting seating.
- Palace Coffee - Still asking guests to wear masks. Also limiting capacity.
- BSA and Northwest - Stated in weekly update that they will still be enforcing current guidelines.
- Best Buy - Requiring Masks
- Target - Requiring Masks
- Starbucks - Requiring Masks
- Kohl's - Requiring Masks
- Ulta - Requiring Masks
- CVS - Requiring Masks
- Walgreens - Requiring Masks
- Walmart - Requests that guests wear masks
This list will undoubtedly change over the next week or so. More businesses will be making their final decision on whether or not to do away with current guidelines, or keep them. I imagine that we will be adding more names to the list.
Just keep in mind, as much as you want someone to respect your "personal freedoms" to choose whether or not to wear a mask, these business owners have the personal freedom to ask you to wear one. They also have the personal freedom to not ask you to wear a mask.
LOOK: Answers to 30 common COVID-19 vaccine questions
While much is still unknown about the coronavirus and the future, what is known is that the currently available vaccines have gone through all three trial phases and are safe and effective. It will be necessary for as many Americans as possible to be vaccinated in order to finally return to some level of pre-pandemic normalcy, and hopefully these 30 answers provided here will help readers get vaccinated as soon they are able.