Did You Ever Want To Be A Big Brother? Here’s Your Chance
Right now, you can make a BIG difference in the life of a child right here in the Texas panhandle. Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Texas Panhandle is in need of male volunteers to step up and help mentor boys that are on the waiting list to be paired up with a big brother. There are currently over 20 boys that have been waiting for someone just like you to step up and be there for them. For a few hours, a couple times a month, you can give a "little" the invaluable gift of your friendship. By simply changing their perspective of what the world can offer, you can literally start changing their lives. And sometimes it’s as simple as playing video games, going to a museum, or just hanging out together.
Some of these young men have been waiting for months. Here are just a few guys you could become a big brother for:
- Bransen: He is incredibly funny and loves people. Likes going to the mall to spend his hard earned cash. Likes to go to Cinergy and hang out with friends. Wants a Big who is cool and likes to hang, but who he can talk to about issues he has and can share his opinions about things.
- Amari: He is very smart and witty. He likes science class, football, bowling, and playing video games. He wants to be a police officer when he gets older. He needs a Big Brother to hang out with, learn from, and just be a kid.
- Mason: He’s energetic, polite, athletic, and has a strong handshake. His dream car is a Lamborghini Aventador. He loves sports, animals, cars, and playing. He wants to play for the Dallas Cowboys when he gets older. He needs a big to hang out with, play sports, and just be a friend.
- Dylan: He is funny, smart, and respectful. He likes helping at church and is involved with the Police Explorers. He is in karate and likes to help people. He has two sisters and mom at home, so he needs a big to do “guy things” with and hang out. He would like to be a pastor or a police officer when he gets older. He is also interested in joining the military.
- TJ: He is patient, caring, and smart. He is not that into sports, but he likes baseball and loves bowling. He is very into technology. Loves playing on the computer and his Playstation, and he loves to play games like Fortnite, Apex Legends, and Minecraft. He considers himself a “technerd”.
If you are interested in becoming a Big Brother, you can start the process by filling out the online application here. You can also call the office at (806) 351-2210. The process is easy, you will just need to provide references, participate in an in-person interview, and complete a background check.