Be Prepared For More Roadwork and Lane Closures This Week
Each week, the Texas Department of Transportation releases their list of upcoming projects for the week ahead. TxDOT wants to make sure you know which areas to avoid ahead of time in order to skip the construction headaches around our region.
For the week of 12/8 to 12/14, TxDOT has the following projects on their list:
- The turnaround lane from I-40 west at Bell Street to go east will be closed for guardrail repair.
- On Amarillo Boulevard, watch for various lane closures in both directions between McMasters Street and Soncy Road for edge work.
- The right lane of I-27 will be closed in both directions from 26th Avenue to 45th Avenue for sign maintenance.
- FM 293 in Potter County will be closed between SH 136 and FM 683 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily for road widening work. Follow the posted detours.
- Starting at 7 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 14, Lakeside Drive will be closed between the frontage roads at I-40 while crews hang bridge beams across Lakeside Drive. Motorists should follow the posted detours. Lakeside Drive is expected to reopen by mid-afternoon Saturday.
Work also continues on the intersection of South Loop 335 (Hollywood Road) and Coulter Street:
- Southbound traffic on Coulter Street will continue to be funneled down to the existing right turn lane 1,600 feet before the Hollywood Road intersection, having one-lane traffic leading up to the intersection through Friday, Dec. 13.
- Motorists will have the option to turn left, right, or go straight at the intersection of Hollywood Road and Coulter Street. Northbound traffic on Coulter Street will be placed in the existing “Southbound Straight/Right-Turn” lane.
- Traffic will be released back into two lanes in approximately 200 feet. Coulter Street south of Hollywood Road will not be affected.
As always, all projects are subject to change due to weather, emergency work and other unexpected events.