Delays May Be in Your Future While Traveling Through Amarillo
Amarillo is surrounded by construction and it is ongoing, however, on the bright side, at least we'll have some decent roads once it is all finished. Here's what you need to be aware of this week on your commutes.
- Lanes on the I-40 frontage roads will be closed from Soncy Road to Pullman Road for patching.
- Right lanes of the frontage roads on I-27 northbound and southbound will be closed from 45th Street to 26th Street for edge work.
- Wednesday, June 7, various lanes on the I-40 frontage roads will be closed from the Potter/Oldham County line to Helium Road for seal coat operations.
- Repairs to S.W. 26th Avenue between Georgia and Kentucky Street will be taking place this week from 8a-5pm daily and are expected to be complete by Friday, June 9th. East and westbound traffic will be detoured south to S.W. 27th Avenue.
I-40 Bridge Replacement (Soncy/Loop 335)
- The right-turn only lane going northbound on Loop 335 to the I-40 frontage road is closed.
- Eastbound traffic traveling over Soncy Road on I-40 is shifted to the north, limiting traffic to one lane in each direction while bridge construction continues for the next several months.
I-40 Bridge Repair (Ross/Arthur)
- The outside (right) lanes of I-40 westbound and eastbound are closed from Nelson Street to I-27.
- Left lane of the I-40 westbound frontage road is closed from Quarter Horse Drive to Arthur Street.
- Left lane of the I-40 eastbound frontage road is closed from Arthur Street to Quarter Horse Drive.
Downtown Connector (I-40 & I-27 Interchange)
- Left lane of the northbound I-27 frontage road is closed just north of the 26th Avenue exit for widening construction and other improvements.
- Ramp from 26th Avenue onto I-27 northbound also is closed.
- Ongoing closure of the I-27 southbound frontage road (left lane) and the center and right lane of I-27 south at the interchange as work continues on bridge construction.
South Loop 335 (Hollywood):
- Access to Loop 335 from the north at Bell Street is now expected to close Monday, June 5, to help facilitate accelerated intersection construction. This closure is expected to be in place for approximately six weeks to reconstruct the north Bell Street and frontage road intersection.
- Frontage road between Washington Street and the railroad tracks will be reduced to a single lane of one-way traffic as it goes under the bridge; traffic will alternate directional flow controlled by traffic signals.
- Washington Street to I-27, the speed limit is reduced to 45 mph in both directions.
- On-ramp from Washington Street to westbound LP 335 is temporally realigned for widening.
- Intersection of South Western Street and LP 335 is controlled by temporary traffic signals.Intersection of South Georgia Street and LP 335 has a four-way stop condition.
- Work continues on and along the shoulders from Washington Street to I-27.
- Access to Loop 335 at Olympia Drive is permanently closed.
- Circle Drive is closed at LP 335 until the westbound frontage road can be opened to traffic.
- Access to Wilshire Drive, Valleyview Drive to the north and Lamount Drive will be closed at various times during the day.