End of Bell Bridge Construction in Sight and Other Lane Closures
As the Bell/I-40 Bridge project slowly comes to an end, if you use this for your commutes, be prepared to be slowed all week long as they put the finishing touches on the new bridge.
Lane closures routine maintenance work:
- Fog sealing operations will take place on the Interstate 27 frontage roads in both directions from Bell Street to 45th Avenue.
- Mill and fill operations will take place on Washington Street (FM 1541) from 42nd Avenue to State South Loop 335 in both directions.
- Mill and fill operations will also take place on the northbound I-27 frontage road at the Tyler Street to 34th Avenue intersections. Expect delays at these intersections.
- Monday through Thursday, the westbound lane and shoulder will be closed from the Carson County line to SL 335.
- Friday and Saturday, various eastbound lanes will be closed from the Amarillo city limits to SL 335.
Bell Street and I-40
- Monday (6/25) starting at 7 p.m. to Tuesday (6/26) at 7 a.m., Bell Street will be reduced to two lanes to activate new traffic signals.
- Tuesday (6/26) starting at 7 p.m. to Wednesday (6/27) at 7 a.m., Bell Street will be reduced to two lanes to remove the old signals. Expect periodic full closures of Bell Street at I-40 as crews work to remove the span wire.
- Crews will be painting the bridge structure from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. nightly Monday through Thursday, June 25 – 28. Various lanes on I-40 will be closed while this work takes place. While no full closures are expected, I-40 may be reduced to one lane. Watch for overnight lane closures on these same dates on Bell Street for bridge rail painting
Ross/Arthur Bridges at I-40
- Monday evening (6/25), Ross Street will be reduced to one lane in both directions from SE 16th Avenue to SE 22nd Avenue. Frontage roads should not be affected by this change at this time. These lane closures are expected to be in place for approximately two to three months.
I-40 Eastbound and Whitaker Road, Lakeside Drive, and Pullman Road bridge projects
- I-40 Eastbound and Whitaker Road, Lakeside Drive, and Pullman Road bridge projects
- The left lane of the eastbound frontage road will be closed 3/4 mile east of Eastern Street to the Whitaker Road exit ramp.
- The left lane of the eastbound frontage road will be closed 3/4 mile east of Whitaker Road to the Lakeside Drive exit ramp.
- The frontage road lane closures are expected to be in place for the next few months and should have minimal impact on traffic.
- Eastbound I-40 is reduced to two lanes from Eastern Street to the I-40/US 287 split.
- Westbound I-40 is reduced to two lanes from one half mile east and one half mile west of Pullman Road.
- The eastbound and westbound I-40 lane closures will remain for the next six months and there will be minimal impact to the I-40 traffic.
- All ramps will remain open during this time.
As always, slow down in construction zones.