Expect Delays in Every Direction You Travel This Week in Amarillo
I am still a firm believer that at each city limit sign coming into Amarillo, we need to have huge signs that reads, "Welcome to Amarillo, Where Every Road is Under Construction."
Lane closures for routine maintenance work:
- When exiting Interstate 40 eastbound to Amarillo Boulevard, the right lane will be closed on Amarillo Boulevard from Monday morning and overnight into Tuesday for mill and fill operations.
- Amarillo Boulevard, the eastbound right lane will be closed from State Loop 335 to Coulter Street on Tuesday for mill and fill operations. The eastbound Coulter Street exit will be closed for a short time while crews mill through it.
- Westbound exit to Bell Street from westbound Amarillo Boulevard will be closed for mill and fill operations. Motorists should follow the detour at 9th Avenue to proceed on Bell Street.
- Watch for mowers near and at the downtown I-40 and I-27 interchange. Please stay back and give crews plenty of room to do their work.
Overlay work on US 60 from South Loop 335 to the Carson County line
- Monday, May 21, there will be various lane closures on US 60 eastbound from FM 1912 to the Carson County line.
- Tuesday and Wednesday, May 22 and 23, there will be various lane closures on US 60 westbound from the Carson County line to FM 1912.
Bridge projects on Interstate 40 eastbound at Whitaker, Lakeside and Pullman Roads
- I-40 eastbound frontage road will be reduced to one lane from 3/4 of a mile east of Eastern Street to the Whitaker Road exit ramp.
- Right lane of the I-40 eastbound frontage road will be closed 3/4 of a mile east of Whitaker Road to the Lakeside Drive exit ramp.
- Right lane of I-40 eastbound is closed 1/4 of a mile east of Airport Boulevard to east of Pullman Road.
Work related to South Loop 335 (Soncy) from Amarillo Boulevard southward:
- Right lane closures from Amarillo Boulevard to 45th Avenue in both directions for traffic signal work and lane widening.
- Westbound I-40 traffic has been moved to the new westbound bridge over Soncy.
- Only one lane of traffic remains open on the I-40 westbound bridge over Soncy.
Work related to South Loop 335 (Hollywood Road) and Bell Street on Tuesday, May 22:
- Starting at 9 a.m., traffic traveling southbound on Bell Street will be reduced to one lane.
- South Loop 335, the westbound and eastbound frontage roads will be reduced to one lane at Bell Street.
- Eastbound to westbound turnaround at Bell Street will be closed at least until 3 p.m.
Be safe and slow down in all construction areas.