Lane Closures This Week That’ll Slow You Down All Over Amarillo
This week expect lane closures all over the city, however, is there a light at the tunnel for the I-40 and Soncy construction? Quite possibly. However if you travel Soncy from Hillside to 45th, add for extra time this week.
- Tuesday, May 15, traffic traveling I-40 westbound is expected to be moved to the new westbound bridge. Only one lane will be open to traffic traveling westbound over the bridge. Expect delays in both directions as the traffic is being moved. Crews will begin moving the traffic barrier on Monday, May 14, to achieve this switch.
- Tuesday, May 15, expect moving lane closures on US 60 from SL 335 to the Carson County line in both directions as overlay work begins.
- Expect daytime lane closures at the intersection of Taylor Street and Amarillo Boulevard as signal work continues. Once work is completed at that intersection, the contractor will move east, finishing at the intersection of Buchanan Street and Amarillo Boulevard. Electrical service to these signals is expected next week, as well.
- West turnaround lane at Bell and I-40 will be closed periodically for repairs.
- I-40, various lanes of the frontage roads will be closed for strip seal operations from Georgia Street to Coulter Street in both directions. Also expect various ramp closures as crews seal through entrance and exit ramps.
- SL 335 (Soncy Road), the left lane will be closed in both directions from Hillside Road to 45th Avenue for delineation on the new center median islands.
- I-27 northbound, crews will be patching the right lanes from Moss Lane to 26th Avenue as well as various lanes along the frontage roads.
Slow down in all construction areas. Stay safe.