New Bridge Demolition Plus Continued Construction Will Slow Your Commutes Even Further This Week
Your daily commutes might be getting worse here's this week's lane closure/construction update.
This Week's Projects:
- Various lanes of the I-40 frontage roads will be closed from Pullman Road to Soncy Road for patching operations.
- Left lane of I-27 will be closed in both directions from Rockwell Road to McCormick Road for cable barrier repair.
I-40 Bridge Replacement (Bell)
- Various daily lane closures throughout the project to facilitate the upcoming bridge demolition.
- Right northbound lane on Bell Street will be closed.
- Bell Street at I-40 will close Friday, July 28 for demolition of the eastbound turnaround bridge and will remain closed through Monday, July 31.
- I-40 will close in both directions at Bell Street beginning with lane closures at 7 p.m. on Friday, July 28 followed by full closure of the interstate at 9 p.m.
- I-40 will remain closed at Bell Street all weekend from 9 p.m. Friday, July 28 until 6 a.m. Monday, July 31.
- Once demolition of the turnaround bridge is complete, Bell Street will reopen for the week (7/31 – 8/4).
I-40 Bridge Replacement (Soncy/Loop 335)
- For the installation of raised medians along Soncy Street, the left and center turn lanes will be closed in both directions at the following intersections beginning Monday, July 24 and continuing throughout the week (in this order):
-Soncy Street just north of I-40
- 2 a.m. on Saturday, July 29, Soncy Street will be closed at the I-40 overpass for completion of bridge span work. Soncy is expected to reopen by 7 a.m. that same day.
- After raised median work is completed, the northbound right lane of Soncy Street will be closed just north of I-40 to widen the lane in front of the Drury Inn. The northbound right-turn only lane on SL 335 to the I-40 frontage road will be closed (most likely Aug. 1).
- Eastbound and westbound traffic is traveling on the new eastbound bridge with one lane going westbound and two lanes going eastbound.
- Westbound traffic is shifted to the south to one lane over the Soncy bridge.
I-40 Bridge Repair (Ross/Arthur)
- I-40E, the on-ramp to Crockett Street is closed.
- I-40W entrance ramp between Ross and Arthur streets is closed.
- I-40W entrance ramp between Nelson and Ross streets is closed.
- I-40E exit ramp between Osage and Nelson streets is closed.
- Frontage road at Osage Street and I-40E is closed.
- Right lanes of I-40W and I-40E are closed from Nelson Street to I-27.
- Left lane of the I-40W frontage road is closed from Quarter Horse Drive to Arthur Street.
- Left lane of the I-40E frontage road is closed from Arthur Street to Quarter Horse Drive.
Downtown Connector (I-40 & I-27 Interchange)
- Left lane of the northbound I-27 frontage road is closed just north of the 26th Avenue exit for widening construction and other improvements.
- Ramp from 26th Avenue onto I-27 northbound is closed.
- Left lane of the I-27S frontage road and the right lane of I-27S at the interchange are closed.
South Loop 335 (Hollywood):
- Washington Street to I-27, the speed limit is reduced to 45 mph in both directions.
- Wilshire Drive, Valleyview Drive to the north and Circle Drive are closed at South oopL 335 until the westbound frontage road can be opened to traffic.
- Access to Lamount Drive will be closed at various times during the day.
- Westbound Loop traffic must exit at Georgia Street and turn left under the bridge and right on the frontage road to continue westbound.
- On-ramp from Washington Street to westbound South Loop 335 is temporally realigned for widening.
- Intersection of South Western Street and South Loop 335 is controlled by temporary traffic signals.
- Intersection of South Georgia Street and South Loop 335 has a four-way stop condition.
- Work continues on and along the shoulders from Washington Street to I-27.
- Access to South Loop 335 at Olympia Drive is permanently closed.