More and More Road Construction for Amarillo
Another great week is upon us and Spring is in the air, but the construction is still on going. Orange cones and barrels are everywhere and are slowing down our commutes.
- Monday (3/6), crews will perform patching work in the right and center lanes of Interstate 27 from Western Street to Hillside Road.
- Interstate 40 westbound, just before Bushland, expect various lane closures on the frontage roads for concrete repairs.
- Monday (3/6), the intersection of 10th Avenue and Buchanan Street will close as construction continues on the US 60/Buchanan Street enhancement project. Traffic traveling eastbound on 10th Avenue will detour to 11th Avenue and westbound traffic will detour to 3rd Avenue.
I-40 Bridge Replacement (Soncy/Loop 335)
- Right turn only lane going northbound on Loop 335 to the I-40 frontage road is now closed.
- Access to cross underneath the I-40 bridge at Soncy Road will closed on Friday, Saturday and possibly Sunday (3/3, 3/4 and 3/5) during nighttime hours starting Friday from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. the following day to set beams. The same type of closure is anticipated from Wednesday, March 8 through Saturday, March 11, as well, to set deck panels.
- Eastbound traffic traveling over Soncy Road on I-40 has shifted to the north, limiting traffic to one lane in each direction while bridge construction takes place for the next several months.
I-40 Bridge Repair (Ross/Arthur)
- Outside (right) lanes of I-40 westbound will be closed from Nelson Street to I-27 and the inside (right) lanes of I-40 eastbound will be closed from I-27 to Nelson Street.
- Outside (right) lanes of Arthur Street, northbound and southbound, will be closed at the I-40 overpass.
- Demolition of the I-40 bridges over Ross Street is scheduled to begin Thursday, March 9 and continue through Tuesday, March 14. The roadway beneath the bridge will be closed throughout the demolition process.
- Outside lane of the I-40 eastbound frontage road will be closed in the area of Osage Street.
Downtown Connector (I-40 & I-27 Interchange)
- Left lane of the northbound I-27 frontage road is closed just north of the 26th Avenue exit for widening construction and other improvements.
- Ramp from 26th Avenue onto I-27 northbound also is closed.
- Ongoing closure of the I-27 southbound frontage road (left lane) and the center and right lane of I-27 south at the interchange as work continues on bridge construction.
South Loop 335 (Hollywood):
- Washington Street to Valley View Lane, the speed limit is reduced to 45 mph in both directions.
- Southbound traffic on Bell Street will be reduced to one lane from north of LP 335 to south of LP 335.
- On-ramp from Washington Street to westbound Loop 335 has been temporally realigned for widening.
- Intersection of South Western Street and Loop 335 is being controlled by temporary traffic signals.
- Intersection of South Georgia Street and Loop 335 has a four-way stop condition.
- Work continues on the shoulders between Washington and Georgia Streets along Loop 335.