Randall County Sheriff’s Department Offers Citizen Academy
If you have ever been interested in law enforcement, but never followed than dream, then the Citizen Academy could be for you. The Randall County Sheriff's Department will be starting a new Citizen Academy in March.
Citizen Academy is a 12 week program. The following curriculum will be taught during the 12 week class.
Week 1 - Overview of the Sheriff’s Office
Week 2 - Patrol Procedures
Week 3 - Patrol Procedures Part II
Week 4 - Jail Procedures and Tour
Week 5 - Criminal Investigations/Narcotics Enforcement
Week 6 - Crime Scene Investigation
Week 7 - CPR Training
Week 8 - Dispatch/Communications 911/Warrants
Week 9 - Justice of the Peace/Crime Prevention
Week 10 - Firearms Safety/Training
Week 11 - Overview of the Criminal Justice System
Week 12 - Graduation
Classes begin on March 24th, and will be held every Tuesday from 6-9pm for 12 weeks.
Qualifications to take the class include:
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age
- Must reside in Randall County
- Applicant must agree to a background check
- Must have no criminal record
- Classes are limited to 30 candidates
- There is no fee for the Academy
- The Sheriff will make the final selection of Academy participants
Classes fill up quickly. If you are interested in being a part of the Citizen Academy, call Sgt. Mike Mezger at 806-468-5880 for more information or for an application.