Shorter List of Roadwork Projects For This Week Around Amarillo
As we start a short work week for many, we will see a smaller list of roadwork construction projects to affect your travel plans. Most of this week's roadwork will be along I-40.
- On I-40, expect multiple lane closures in both directions at the downtown interchange and between Ross and Washington streets for bridge deck and concrete pavement repair.
- Various lanes will be closed in both directions of the I-40 frontage roads between Ross and Arthur Streets for patching repairs.
- Watch for slow-moving operations on I-27 and US 87 for herbicide applications around guardrails and bridges.
- I-40 East Bridge Replacement Projects:
- Intermittent closures on Pullman Road at I-40 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily to set precast deck panels on the eastbound bridge beams.
- Intermittent closures on Whitaker Road at I-40 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily to remove the blankets hanging under the westbound bridge structure.
- Expect lane closures on I-40 between Whitaker and Pullman roads for pavement repairs Tuesday through Thursday, Feb. 18 – 20. Crews will start on the eastbound side of I-40 then switch to the westbound side.
All projects are subject to change due to weather, emergency work and other unexpected events. Follow TxDOT on Twitter @TxDOTAmarillo for regular updates and for the most up-to-date road conditions, visit www.drivetexas.org.