Sign Removal, Crack Sealing, and Continued Construction Are A Few Things You’ll Have to Deal With on Amarillo Roadways this Week
Here are a few of the areas you will want to avoid on your daily commutes this morning.
The Texas Department of Transportation wants to remind you they they had to reschedule sign removal. The sign removal will take place this week to accommodate bridge reconstruction work. Sign removal is scheduled to happen between Tuesday, January 10 to Tuesday, January 17. The work will take place between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. on I-40, between the interchange and Nelson Street, in both directions. Once construction along that stretch of I-40 is complete, the signs will be properly relocated. The sign removal will take about 20-30 minutes per sign to remove, which may cause traffic to slow down or come to a complete stop. Please be aware of the sign removal and if you have to please find an alternate routes on those days.
Here are other lane closures and projects going on this week.
- Inside lane of I-27 south will be closed from Bell Street to Hollywood Road for crack sealing.
- Inside lane of I-40 west from the Carson County line to Spur 228 for crack sealing.
- Various lane closures on I-27 around the 26th Street intersection for landscaping.
Inside lane of the I-27 southbound frontage road from Interstate 40 eastbound will be closed at the interchange.
- Both the eastbound and westbound inside lanes of I-40 at Loop 335 (Soncy) are closed. Only one lane is open on the eastbound and westbound frontage roads between Loop 335 and Helium Road, alternating in a left then right fashion.
- Eastbound and westbound inside lanes of I-40 will be closed from I-27 to Grand Street.
- Outside lane of the I-40 eastbound frontage road will be closed in the area of Osage Street.
- South Loop 335 (Hollywood): Western Street to Georgia Street, traffic will, at times, be reduced to a single lane with one way traffic control by flaggers.
- Washington Street to Valley View Lane, the speed limit is reduced to 45 mph in both directions.
- On-ramp from Washington Street to westbound Loop 335 has been temporally realigned for widening.
- Intersection of South Western Street and Loop 335 is being controlled by temporary traffic signals.
- Intersection of South Georgia Street and Loop 335 has a four-way stop condition.
- Work on the shoulders between Washington and Georgia Streets along Loop 335.
Please remember to slow down in work zones.