What To Look For When Choosing A Tree Trimmer in Amarillo
We are in the middle of winter which means, snow and ice. The snow and better yet the ice can wreak havoc on our trees. It can weigh them down and destroy them and whatever is under them. It's always a good idea to keep your trees trimmed and most of the time, that is something that we as homeowners and business owners cannot do on our own. So here are some tips from the Better Business Bureau on how to pick the perfect tree trimming business.
- First of all check with your insurance company about your coverage if you have a tree that has damaged your property
- Don't let the business pressure you on making a quick decision, shop around for bids and always check the Better Business Bureau to make sure the company is legitimate.
- Get 3 or more estimates before you make a decision.
- Ask if they are certified arborists, who have professional training and certifications. You can also check the International Society of Arboriculture.
- Make sure the tree service company you are considering has current liability insurance and workers compensation. You can ask to have certificates of insurance sent directly to you from the company's insurance agency if you are unsure.
- Always get it in writing. Get a written contract agreement. Make sure it contains their name, address, license number, and phone number. Read over the contract and make sure it is what you both agreed upon before you sign it.
- Never pay until you are satisfied with the companies work. Pay by check or credit card only after the job is complete. By paying with the above options, you have recourse if the job isn't completed as lined out in the contract.
Here's some red flags to look out for when choosing a tree service:
- They have no printed materials, letterhead, or bid forms
- They are vague about their credentials
- They offer a very low price in the beginning
- Only accepts cash or asks for payment up front
- Pressures you for a quick decision
- Offers you a discount to help them find other customers.
Just follow these guidelines and you'll be on your way to getting a great tree trimming service and a job well done.