You’re Invited To “Stay Home and Sing” To Win With Friends
Your favorite radio stations here at Townsquare Media have teamed up with the Fairly Group to "Stay Home and Sing." It's a virtual singing contest to help keep us all connected right now as we stay All In at home. You will get a team together, sing your parts, and then submit your entries for a professional mixer to piece it all together. Then the winning teams will get to support a local charity with a big cash donation! Plus, your group will get to perform at the opening day celebration at Hodgetown with the Amarillo Sod Poodles.
The goal of this contest is for us to ‘connect’ with our family, friends and colleagues by creating a virtual video of your group, team or family performing (singing or playing) your favorite song. Everyone is invited to join in and have some fun.
- A panel of judges will select 3 finalists in each category. Winners in each category will be determined via online voting.
- The Overall Winner will perform at the Amarillo Sod Poodles 2020 Opening Day Game.
- The five entries with the most votes will get to pick a charity to which Fairly Group will donate $5,000 each.
- You are free to choose any song or style. Feel free to be serious or silly, dance, include back-up tracks, etc.
- Instrumental groups are encouraged to participate.
- We will help any group who is unable to produce a final (mixed) version of your video.
There are eight categories in the contest:
- Healthcare professionals / first responders
- School-affiliated music groups
- Church choirs & worship bands
- And an ‘open’ category
Once you decide where your group fits, it’s time to warm up the vocal chords and start singing. Instrumental groups are welcome as well. Groups will be able submit entries now through April 20, 2020. A panel of judges will select 3 finalists in each category and an online vote will determine category winners. The top-5 vote-getters will choose a charity to which Fairly Group will donate $5,000 EACH. The overall winner, selected by the judging panel, will perform at the Sod Poodle’s 2020 Opening Day Game.
To start your entry, click here to go to InspireAmarillo.com for recording and uploading instructions. Remember to have your team leader coordinate your team's entry.
- Groups must be a minimum of 4 parts, except Families.
- Each member must record their part of your group’s song individually, except Families, Healthcare Professionals and First Responders.
- Any group can enter. The contest is not limited to Amarilloans or the Texas Panhandle.
"Stay Home and Sing" is conducted by the Fairly Group and is solely responsible for the contest, it's administration, and judging.