Get Ready for a BOOrific Time at Boo at the Zoo
Halloween is such a fun time of year and it makes for a great memory creating holiday. That's why the Amarillo Zoo gets in on the fun. The animals like to celebrate as well. That's why you need to mark your calendars for 3 days of fun at Boo at the Zoo.
The Amarillo Zoo makes it easy to attend because they offer Boo at the Zoo over three days. So pick a day and go have some fun.
WHAT: Boo at the Zoo
Friday, October 26th -5:30-9:00pm
Saturday, October 27th - 5:30-9:00pm
Sunday, October 28th - 12n - 5pm
WHERE: The Amarillo Zoo inside Thompson Park
COST: $5 per person
Here are some of the fun activities:
- Over 20 treat stations featuring costumed animal characters such as the peacock, lion, tiger, kangaroo, fox, bear, panther, donkey, hummingbird and more!
- Monsterology – explore the realm of unknown, undiscovered and mythological animals. See a horn from a unicorn, the beak from a giant squid, skeleton of the world’s largest frog, skull of a Bigfoot and more oddities from the natural world!
- Pumpkin STOMP and CHOMP enrichment activities for the animals.
- See the world’s largest species of toad – the size of a dinner plate, hairy tarantulas, and more creatures that make you say EEEWWW!
- Music with Andy Chase Cundiff
- Eeeky Freak Dance Party and Parade
- Take a picture with our friendly Sasquatch
- Visit "Monster Alley” and see a chupacabra, yeti, werewolf and other creatures on exhibit in their natural habitats. (Friday and Saturday Night Only)
- Face Painting available for an extra fee
- Fun games like Lim-BOO, Pumpkin Putt Putt Golf, Needle in the Haystack, Pumpkin Ring Toss, Batty Bat Toss, Pumpkin Bowling, Corn Pit and more new games!
It's a Halloween event so dressing up is encouraged, but since it is a family event, please no scary costumes.
Make sure you to bring your Trick or Treat bag to hold all your goodies.
If you are looking for a fun and family Halloween event without the scary, then Boo at the Zoo will be perfect for you.