Have A Fun Weekend At the Amarillo Zoo
The Amarillo Zoo and PBS have teamed up to bring a fun series of events each weekend in April! Here's what is going on this weekend!Activities for the April 9th event will focus on backyard habitats and will include the following:
- The first 200 kids will receive a free potted parsley suitable for attracting butterflies – Courtesy of Canyon’s Edge Plants.
- Make a milkweed seed “bomb” to help the Zoo’s monarch butterfly café.
- Plant a wildflower garden to take home.Plant sale featuring perennials and annuals suitable for attracting butterflies and hummingbirds from Canyon’s Edge Plants.
- Free tree seedlings courtesy of the Texas Forest Service (while supplies lasts).
- Plant a desert willow seed in a take home pot.
- Make a feather friend seed treat.
- Get your picture taken with “Ruby” our costumed hummingbird character.
- Learn how to help save the Monarch Butterfly!
- Watch PBS Kids Nature Cat and Wild Kratts programs on protecting and preserving our natural world.
- Free Wonderland ticket per family at the Panhandle PBS booth.
These Saturday events are from 10 a.m. to noon on April 9th, 16th and 23rd. Kids with a paying adult get in FREE, and Zoo admission for adults is only $4 (just $3 for seniors.)
The Amarillo Zoo is located within Thompson Park, which is at N.E. 24th Avenue and the Dumas Highway.
These events are supported in part by a grant from PBS Kids. For more information, please call the Amarillo Zoo at (806) 381-7911 or visit AmarilloZoo.org or panhandlePBS.org.