Mowing, Closed Roads & Broken Traffic Signals Might Slow You Down this Week
This week's lane closures and road construction update involve mowing, closed frontage roads, broken traffic signals and more. Here are the area affected this week.
- Various shoulders will be closed along the I-27 and I-40 downtown interchange as crews work on erosion areas.
- Watch for maintenance crews operating mowers and weed eaters along I-27 and I-40 within the Amarillo city limits.
- I-27, watch for various lane closures on the frontage roads for tree and brush removal.
- Expect right lane closures on Soncy Road at the intersections of 34th Avenue and Hillside Road so crews can perform work related to traffic signal upgrades.
- Watch for right lane closures on Soncy Road at I-40 and along the westbound I-40 frontage road at Soncy for island and traffic signal work.
- Tuesday, July 31, 26th Avenue at I-27 will be closed from 3 a.m. until Noon for placement of the concrete bridge deck. A signed detour will be in place.
- Wednesday, Aug. 1, the northbound I-27 frontage road will be closed between Sundown Lane to just south of State Loop 335 (Hollywood Road). This closure, which is expected to last a week, will help expedite the placement of drainage structures. Traffic traveling north on the frontage road will merge onto northbound I-27 from Sundown, then exit at SL 335.
- Traffic signals at SL 335 (Hollywood Road) and I-27 are not operational following a Wednesday evening traffic incident, impacting both the northbound and southbound frontage road traffic. It could take several weeks before repairs can be made. The intersection now has stop signs in all directions.
The Texas Department of Transportation wants to remind you about who has the right-of-way Here's a great refreshers on who has the right-of-way: https://www.dmv.org/how-to-guides/intersections-and-right-of-way.php.