It’s Hard to Fail Growing These Vegetables in Amarillo
I feel like we have enough stress in our lives not to have to add to it. It's garden season and I like to have an easy win. I like to have food that I know I will be able to put on my table.
That is what I like about gardening. With some effort and a lot of water, we can have some great veggies that we will feel proud knowing that we were able to grow to feed our family.
So every year I go in with high hopes. I will grab some veggies that I just want to be successful with. Then in the end I know it was a complete failure. Such is the case with countless years of trying to grow ghost peppers.
Heck, I am not even trying anymore. I want those easy wins. So the veggies I seem to have the best success with are the basics that I feel everyone tries. See there is a reason we all try. We have had great success.
- zucchini - we get plenty for the stir fry, the fried zucchini, and even the zucchini bread.
- yellow squash - another one that is pretty plentiful. I love them for my stir fry.
- jalapenos - these are pretty easy and make for a killer hot sauce. I also love to throw peppers in just about anything I make.
- tomatoes - I have had great success with all types of tomatoes. Heck, a tomato is a tomato to me. As long as I get plenty to throw in with my jalapenos so I can make hot sauce. I am golden.
- Onions - I have had some success with onions too. I mean I feel like I, like jalapenos, add onions to everything. Why? Because I end up with plenty.
It's a great time of year. The hopes of all the greatness we will soon be eating. Here is wishing everyone luck with their garden this year.