Amarillo loves murals. We have several all across the city. It just so happens that our local festival celebrating murals is back for 2022.
Heads up art fans. Hoodoo Mural Festival is back.
Hoodoo Mural Festival Announces Date For 2022
I started following Hoodoo Mural Festival in their inaugural year. The whole concept fascinated me, and the murals were beautiful. I'm glad to see it coming back.
Hoodoo Mural Festival has become an annual event that many of us look forward to. Every year there are new, creative, imaginative murals added to the city as part of the fest.
Hoodoo Mural Festival 2022 will kick off in downtown Amarillo on October 1 of this year (2022). Tickets for this year's festival go on sale Friday, July 1 at 10 AM.
You can get tickets and more info at HoodooMural.com.
Artist Lineup For Hoodoo Mural Festival 2022
According to a press release, the lineup this year features some new and some familiar names.
- Tristan Eaton with 25 years of experience and projects across the country.
- Ricardo Gonzalez who is a well respected artist and designer from Durango, Mexico.
- Rabi who is an LA based artist. Rabi is part of the artist collective CYRCLE, and whose notable fans include Sean Combs and MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
- Returning to Hoodoo this year will be Drew Merritt and Malcolm Byers.
Live Music This Year At Hoodoo Mural Festival 2022
The press release also gives details on what to expect when it comes to live music at this year's Hoodoo Mural Festival. Appearing this year are:
- Neil Frances, the power-pop duo from LA
- New Jersey producer and DJ Flamingosis
- Kaelin Ellis who is a multi-platform music producer entrenched in the electronic and hip-hop beat scene
- Little Jet, an up-and-coming electro-pop duo
Art, Music, Murals For The Whole Community
Going off of everything we've seen from previous Hoodoo Mural Fests, this is an event that checks pretty much all of the boxes. There's a wide variety of entertainment. It's an event that the entire family can enjoy.
Plus, it's an awesome way to celebrate all of the new art gracing downtown Amarillo.