The Amarillo Sod Poodles Will Be Holding Job Fairs This Month
According to a press release that came out earlier today, the Sod Poodles will be hosting job fairs on Feb. 15 and Feb. 22. The job fairs will run from 10 AM until 2 PM.
The press release states:
All positions are game-day/event-only positions, requiring night and weekend commitments throughout the 2020 baseball season (April through September). Applicants must be at least 16 years of age but some positions will require candidates to be 18 years of age or older. HODGETOWN hiring managers are looking for hardworking candidates with great guest service skills.
You can attend either one of the job fairs, or apply online at the Sod Poodles website.
You will want to dress to impress when you attend the job fair. According to their press release these are the positions they are looking to fill:
- Stadium Staff: Ushers, Kids Zone Attendants, Morning Cleaning Crew, In-House Security
- Retail: Sales Associates
- Box Office Representatives: Window Attendants
- Promotions/Street Team: Sod Squad/Promotions Team Members
- Production: Scoreboard/Videoboard/Sound Operators, Camera/Replay Operators/Directors
- Batboys: Includes pre- and post-game equipment work and in-game dugout duties
- Grounds Crew: On-Field maintenance workers
- Catering: Suite Attendant, Servers, Food Prep/Stocking, Picnic Terrace Food Service, and Bar Servers
- Concessions: Concession Stand Staff, Food Prep/Stocking, In-Stand Food/Beverage Sales Vendors
The press release also points out that other positions may open up.
I attended several games last season, and everyone I spoke with seemed to really enjoy their job. There always seemed to be a lot of energy and action, so being bored on the job didn't look like much of a possibility.