New Lane Closures and Construction Updates
Here's this week's updates on lane closures and construction updates.
This Week's Projects:
I-40 Bridge Replacement (Bell)
- Bell Street bridge, including the eastbound and westbound turnarounds, will remain closed through completion of the project.
- Eastbound frontage road is reduced to one lane through the Bell Street intersection.
- I-40 main lanes are reduced to two lanes in each direction until the completion of the project.
I-40 Bridge Replacement (Soncy/Loop 335)
- Northbound right and center lanes of Soncy Road will be closed from 34th Avenue to I-40 and the right lane from I- 40 to BI-40 to widen lanes. This forces traffic from 34th Avenue to BI-40 down to one lane going northbound and motorists should expect delays.
- Westbound frontage road right-turn-only lane onto northbound Soncy Road will be closed until the widening is complete.
I-40 Bridge Repair (Ross/Arthur)
- I-40E, the on-ramp east of Crockett Street is closed for several months.
- I-40W entrance ramp between Ross and Arthur streets is closed.
- I-40W entrance ramp between Nelson and Ross streets is closed.
- I-40E exit ramp between Osage and Nelson streets is closed.
- Right lanes of I-40W and I-40E main lanes are closed from Nelson Street to I-27.
- Left lane of the I-40W frontage road is closed from Quarter Horse Drive to Arthur Street.
- Left lane of the I-40E frontage road is closed from Arthur Street to Ross Street.
- Right lane of the I-40E frontage road is closed at Osage Street. Osage Street is closed at the south frontage road.
Downtown Connector (I-40 & I-27 Interchange)
- Left lane of the I-27N frontage road is closed just north of the 26th Avenue exit for widening construction and other improvements.
- Ramp from 26th Avenue onto I-27N is closed.
- I-27 SB ramp to 26th Avenue is closed.
- Left lane of the I-27S frontage road and the right lane of I-27S at the interchange are closed.
South Loop 335 (Hollywood):
- Traveling eastbound, the right lane has been converted to a right turn only lane from just east of I-27 to Valleyview Drive. All thru traffic should use the left lane.
- Washington Street to I-27, the speed limit is reduced to 45 mph in both directions.
- Wilshire Drive, Valleyview Drive to the north and Circle Drive are closed at SL 335 until the westbound frontage road can be opened to traffic.
- Access to Lamount Drive will be closed at various times during the day.
- Westbound Loop traffic must exit at Georgia Street and turn left under the bridge and right on the south frontage road to continue westbound.
- Intersection of South Western Street and SL 335 is controlled by temporary traffic signals.
- Intersection of South Georgia Street and SL 335 has a three-way stop condition at the north and the south frontage roads.
- Exit and entrance ramps east of Georgia Street are ONE-WAY ramps.
- Work continues on and along the shoulders from Washington Street to I-27.
- Access to SL 335 at Olympia Drive is permanently closed.